31 August 2011

Third Beach


  

We finally made it to the beach with our swim suits on!  Despite the fact that summer is pretty much over and school starts next week.  We soaked up some sun and rolled around in the sand.  It would have been the perfect day at the beach except a few minor details.  

I lost my pair of sunglasses that I have been wearing for the past eight years.  I had them tucked safely in the top of my shirt while I washed Banyan off.  I didn't notice my sunglasses drop silently into the water and I didn't notice the current slowly drifting them away.  Now they are probably headed towards the great garbage patch in the middle of the pacific ocean.  I felt like I was leaving a piece of myself at the beach as I packed up my gear and headed home. 

When I got back to the van, I did notice a parking ticket stuck to my windshield. The violation officer apparently gave me a ticket while I was paying for parking and I paid for two hours!  It's not cheap to park at Third Beach.

Feeling slightly frustrated, I still had a great time.  

Banyan and I made sand mounds for the tide to come through and we played soccer on the beach.  He was hilarious running through the waves singing 'pop goes the weasel' completely oblivious to his audience. 

Even little Georgia enjoyed her self, sporting a little sundress and funky sunglasses.

2 comments:

nathaliedelakim said...

Love these photos...especially of you and georgia!

John said...

Beautiful photos, looks like a fun day for Banyan and even for Georgia! Love Mom