11 June 2011

The Harvest

 I spent a lot of time in the garden today... perhaps more than I should have with this oversized bump in front of me.  I've had to plant my garden in stages and had to start everything late this year due to unmentionable weather.  But last week was a proud happy moment when I took my first harvest.  Mint, parsley, thyme, arugula, and red leaf lettuce.  
This is truly my favourite thing to do... make salads from my garden.   

Every year I get a little more obsessed with gardening and I am at the point where I think about it as I am falling a sleep and thinking about it when I wake up.  I actually brows through the West Coast Seeds Catalogue on a daily basis reading about what I want to plant next or remind myself of how to take care of what it is I have already planted.  I have never taken this much time or care for my garden before but now that I live in a place with full sun and a ginormous garden box, the possibilities seem endless. I am also happy to report success as this is the first year my arugula and mizuna haven't been completely munched by creepy crawlies.  
Did I also mention no squirrels ?

No comments: